- The student is innovative in thinking and doing: thinks outside the box, contributes to innovation in the social debate about diversity and inclusion;
- The student has organizational skills: can translate vision into practice, knows how to engage and mobilize people;
- The student has contributed to societal impact: made a difference in society and demonstrably strengthened diversity and inclusion;
- The student is a critical friend: knows how to offer constructive criticism on issues related to exclusion and is willing to contribute to constructive solutions.
Addition to the above criteria for the STEM Award for students at a university of applied sciences or research university:
- The student has a clear vision for innovation in science / technology in a changing social context.
Addition to the above criteria for the Law & Tax Award for students at a university of applied sciences or research university:
- The student has a clear vision for diversity and inclusion in the broader social context surrounding legislation, policy and implementation in law, including tax law and allowances.
Practical criteria that the candidate must meet:
- The student is part of an underrepresented group, with a specific focus on Dutch students with a non-Western background or refugee background.*
- The student has excellent study results (guideline: an average of 7.5 or higher);
- The student has an excellent proficiency of the English language;
- The student is available for the ECHO Ambassadors Academy which takes place from August 26th until August 28th 2022;
- The student is available for an interview with the ECHO Award jury;
- The student is available to attend the ceremony of the ECHO Award in december 2022.
To nominate a candidate for the ECHO Award 2022, you must have the following information ready:
- Fully filled out application form; click here for the application form
- A nomination letter from the institution / faculty / study program, signed by a member of the Executive Board / the Board of directors; click here for an example letter
- A personal letter of motivation from the nominated candidate; click here for instructions
- A curriculum vitae of the candidate;
If you have trouble downloading the documents, please contact email@example.com to receive the documents by email.
The application form and required documents need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.