- The student is entrepreneurial: takes initiative, knows how to recognize and seize opportunities;
- The student has organizational skills: can translate vision into practice, knows how to engage and mobilize people;
- The student has contributed to social innovation: has created an impact on diversity and inclusion, shows vision about the future of the multicultural society;
- The student is a critical friend: knows how to offer constructive criticism on issues related to exclusion and is willing to contribute to constructive solutions.
Addition to the above criteria for the STEM Award for students at a university of applied sciences or research university:
- The student has a clear vision for innovation in science / technology in a changing social context.
Addition to the above criteria for the Loyens & Loeff Law & Tax Award for students at a research university:
- The student has a clear vision for diversity and inclusion within business (legal) services in a changing social context.
Practical criteria that the candidate must meet:
- The student is part of an underrepresented group, with a specific focus on Dutch students with a non-Western background or refugee background.*
- The student has excellent study results (guideline: an average of 7.5 or higher);
- The student has an excellent proficiency of the English language;
- The student is available for the ECHO Ambassadors Academy;
- The student is available for an interview with the ECHO Award jury;
- The student is available to attend the ceremony of the ECHO Award 2021.
To nominate a candidate for the ECHO Award 2021, you must have the following information ready:
- Fully filled out application form; click here for the application form
- A nomination letter from the institution / faculty / study program, signed by a member of the Executive Board / the Board of directors; click here for an example letter
- A personal letter of motivation from the nominated candidate;
- A substantiated case assignment by the nominated candidate;
- A curriculum vitae of the candidate;
The application form and required documents need to be emailed to email@example.com.